Bullock County has two accredited school systems for youth education, offering the option of public and private education.
In addition, eight four-year universities, four Technical Colleges and three Junior Colleges are within a 50-mile radius.
Union Springs also has a Community Enrichment Program offering continuing education opportunities to all ages.
Bullock County Public School System
Bullock County Public School System, which provides services to students in grades K-12, has five separate school campuses that are accredited by both the Alabama State Department of Education and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Union Springs Elementary (grades K - 2)
- South Highlands Middle School (grades 3 -6)
- Merritt Elementary (grades K - 6)
- Bullock County High School (grades 7 -12)
- Area Vocational Center - offers training in Agribusiness. Business Education, Child Care, Commercial Sewing, Health Occupations, Horticulture, and Auto Mechanics
Conecuh Springs Christian School
(daycare to grade 12)
Conecuh Springs Christian School serves students in grades Daycare (6 weeks) to 12th grade. It offers the student an option of pursuing the college core or general curriculum. An annual registration fee is required from each member upon registering. Registration takes place in March of each year.
Post Secondary Education
Eight four-year institutions are within a 50-mile radius of Bullock County:
- Troy University (Troy)
- Troy University at Montgomery (Montgomery)
- Auburn University (Auburn)
- Auburn Montgomery (Montgomery)
- Alabama State University (Montgomery)
- Faulkner University (Montgomery)
- Tuskegee University (Tuskegee)
- Huntingdon College (Montgomery)
There are also four Technical Colleges and three Junior Colleges within a 50-mile radius.
- Chattahoochee Valley Community College (Phenix City)
- H. Council Trenholm Technical College (Montgomery)
- Alabama Industrial Development Training Institute (Montgomery)
- George C. Wallace Community College (Dothan, Eufaula, Ft Rucker)
- Enterprise-Ozark Community College (Enterprise, Ozark, Ft Rucker)